5G-RECORDS presentation in the 5G in content production group
4th- 5th November 2020
Ian Wadgin, chair of the EBU group 5G in content production and 5G-RECORDS member, presented an overview of the 5G-RECORDS project during the last meeting of the EBU group that took place online from the 4th to 5th of November 2020.
The EBU’s project group 5G in Content Production brings together broadcasters and the industry with the aim to:
- Define the relevant AV production use cases for 5G, across various genres including news, OBs, events, studio and location production.
- Identify and quantify the associated technical and operational requirements.
- Identify and communicate technology readiness and delivery timescales and roadmaps for trials.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the working practices and standardisation timetables within the relevant standards development organisations (SDO), in particular 3GPP, and contribute to their work where relevant.
- Inform EBU members of the potential benefits of the new standards and/or possible issues;
- Act as a user group in the market, communicate broadcasters’ needs in the production domain to telecom operators, manufacturers, MNOs, industry fora, and the regulators.
The EBU also facilitates an ongoing dialogue with the wider industry on a range of issues related to 5G, including business arrangements amongst the stakeholders along the value chain. For more information visit https://tech.ebu.ch/groups/5gcp